This post was created in partnership with Jord wood watches. They were kind enough to provide me with a unique watch and the opportunity for you all to participate in their contest for a watch of your own!
There’s nothing better on a chilly day than a big bowl of oatmeal. I usually make a bowl after my Saturday morning workouts when I have a little extra time in the morning. (My go-to breakfast during the week is a green smoothie!) Since oatmeal can be pretty boring on its own, I am always experimenting with new ways to add flavor. In the past I’ve shared a banana bread oatmeal and a gingerbread oatmeal. Today, I am excited to share my vegan carrot cake oatmeal!
Enjoy this oatmeal in the morning and you will already have eaten 1 serving of vegetables. Carrots are a great source of beta carotene which is important for a strong immune system as well as eye and skin health. Also, oatmeal is a great source of soluble fiber which can help lower cholesterol.
In addition to the nutrition benefits of this carrot cake oatmeal, I also love that it can be made in one pan in a matter of about 15 minutes. Speaking of time, you too can time yourself making this carrot cake oatmeal by entering the Jord watch giveaway below! Jord wood watches creates beautiful pieces like the one above. As a food blogger, I try to keep my jewelry collection small with pieces I really love. This Jord watch is a piece that pairs well with almost everything (including a healthy breakfast!). Everyone who enters will receive a $25 gift card for a watch of your choosing and one lucky winner with receive $100 off a Jord watch of their choice! I don’t do a lot of giveaways on the blog, but I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share a gorgeous watch with one of my readers. (If you are curious, I am wearing this one.)Print
Warm up on a chilly morning with a bowl of this carrot cake oatmeal which incorporates all the flavors of your favorite dessert in a healthy vegan breakfast.
- 1/2 cup gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk plus more for serving
- 2 small carrots, peeled and shredded (~1/2 cup finely shredded carrot)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup plus more for serving
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, stir well to combine and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for ~5-7 minutes or until oats have thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve with desired toppings. I added hemp hearts, coconut, walnuts, maple syrup, and almond milk.