Fall in love with these delicious pumpkin molasses cookies with a simple maple glaze this holiday. They are the perfect accompaniment to a piping hot cup of coffee.
These cookies are exactly what I think of when daydreaming about fall comfort food… pumpkin, molasses, and warm spices. Brew yourself a pot of coffee and make yourself a batch of these cookies ASAP. Seriously! I mean it is national homemade cookie day after all. 😉
As a kid, I never really appreciated the flavor of molasses but now I am so excited to start adding it to more recipes this fall. I used the molasses as a replacement for some of the sugar in these cookies so they are a little less sweet than normal. Which only makes them better in my opinion! Of course, you can’t make any fall recipe without incorporating a little bit of pumpkin in there as well.
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Frosting
- Strawberry Dark Chocolate Cookies
- White chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 stick butter 8 tablespoons, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the oats to a large mixing bowl. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice into the same bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, molasses, and pumpkin with a mixer until well combined. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Pour in the flour/oat mixture and beat until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to chill.
- After chilling, place dough onto a baking sheet using a tablespoon. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place cookie sheet on a rack to cool and then transfer cookies to the rack. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl and stir in the milk and maple syrup until smooth. Use a fork to drizzle over the cookies. Let sit for a couple of minutes to allow the glaze to set and then enjoy!
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Easy, delicious, and a great way to use up some pumpkin!
Patty Bechstein says
I wish you’d publish the nutritional info, like how many cookies this makes, and how many calories for each, etc. Thanks.
Alex Caspero MA,RD (@delishknowledge) says
Oh my goodness- this is incredible! I love the idea of these cookies, yum, yum, yum! I am totally looking forward to a weekend of baking and these are on my must make list. Molasses with pumpkin!? Amazing!