Merry Christmas!! Will and I are having a comfy first married Christmas at home in Chicago with our pup, Honey. I just wanted to pop in to share this spiked vegan hot chocolate recipe. It would be the perfect drink to share with friends and family while watching a Christmas movie tonight. (At least, that’s what I am planning on doing!)
Thank you so, so much for following along on this little blog of mine!Print
This spiked vegan hot chocolate is perfect for snuggling up with on the couch to enjoy your favorite Christmas movie!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- To serve: Coconut whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, add all of your ingredients except the bourbon. Heat over medium heat. Stir and continue to heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is hot.
- Stir in the bourbon and turn off the heat.
- To serve, I made coconut whipped cream according to this recipe from Minimalist Baker. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.