Whip up a few of these simple rosemary margaritas for Cinco de Mayo this year! Easy to make and lower in sugar than a margarita made with a store-bought mix.
It has been entirely too long since I last posted a margarita recipe here! The approach of Cinco de Mayo felt like a good time to remedy that with this simple rosemary margarita recipe. This recipe is a bit of a “copy-cat” recipe of a rosemary house margarita at one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago called Antique Taco. A
ntique Taco was one of the first restaurants I tried when I moved to the city thanks to a recommendation from a coworker. We’ve lived in Chicago now for almost 6 years and it is still a favorite and one that we often take out-of-town friends. Although they have a seasonal margarita, the house rosemary one is still my go-to.
My copy-cat simple rosemary margarita is just as tasty as the real thing! It still has a traditional margarita base with lime, but also a hint of rosemary from the simple syrup. I also added some lemon and a bit of orange liqueur. I like making margaritas without a mix since it will have much less sugar. A traditional margarita mix can have as much as 24 grams of sugar per 4 oz! Of course, although healthier, it should still be enjoyed in moderation. 😉
Looking for a few other tasty vegetarian or vegan Cinco de Mayo eats? Check out some of these!
- Chickpea Taco Salad
- Vegan Tempeh Nachos
- Mexican Tempeh Skillet Casserole
- Vegan Marinated Mushroom Tacos
- Easy Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Strawberry Mint Margarita
- TVP Stuffed Peppers
- Vegetarian Slow Cooker Enchilada Casserole
- Walnut Mushroom Enchilada Casserole
Simple Rosemary Margarita
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 sprigs fresh rosemary
For the Margarita:
- 2 teaspoons simple syrup
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 oz. silver tequila
- 2 oz Grand Marnier (or Triple Sec)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Margarita salt
- Club soda or flavored water (I used lime LaCroix)
- Add water and sugar to a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar is dissolved and turn off heat. Set aside and add the rosemary. Let rosemary steep for 1 hour.
- Rub squeezed lime over rim of glasses and roll in margarita salt. Set aside.
- To make the margaritas, add 2 teaspoons of the simple syrup, lemon and lime juices (~4 oz), tequila, Grand Marnier, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, and a couple of ice cubes to a shaker. Cover shaker with lid and shake vigorously to combine.
- Add crushed ice to 2 glasses and evenly divide margarita between them. Top with club soda/flavored water and garnish with sliced lime and fresh rosemary.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
This is very timely. I am throwing a party this weekend and would love to serve this margarita. It’s refreshing and looks so classy. Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea.
Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run says
mmmm… these look so refreshing!!