This lemony white bean pesto salad with arugula is giving me major spring vibes – much needed right now in the depths of winter! With just a handful of ingredients like lemon, arugula, white beans, and pesto you can whip up this yummy salad in less than 5 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing via affiliate links supports Dietitian Debbie Dishes at no additional cost to you.
I have been on a major arugula kick lately and this white bean pesto salad with arugula is a new favorite desk lunch for days when I am working from home. Pair it with some avocado toast and you are all set for a healthy lunch that took very little work to whip up. Store-bought pesto and lemon make for a super flavorful 2 ingredient dressing.
What You’ll Need to Make this Salad
- White Beans: just give your beans a quick rinse before using them in this salad. Chickpeas could make a tasty substitution.
- Arugula: I think arugula is best for this salad since it adds a peppery kick but you could probably sub spinach if you’d like.
- Pesto: Store-bought pesto is one of my favorite lazy meal ingredients for recipes like this one. We love the vegan one from Gotham Greens. If you want to make your own pesto, this vegan pistachio pesto recipe is my favorite.
- Lemon: You’ll use a little juice and some of the zest from a lemon to add a bright zesty kick.
- Capers: You can skip these if you’d like, but they add a great salty note. You could also use chopped green olives instead.
- Vegan Feta: Adds a creamy factor – I use this one from VioLife.
- Pistachios: I feel like pistachios don’t get enough love. I use them all the time in salads! You could also use walnuts or almonds.
- Salt and Pepper: Just add to taste.
What to Serve with this Salad
This salad makes a great side dish for just about any vegan or vegetarian main dish like casseroles, pasta, or soup. I love a great soup and salad pairing – this butternut squash soup would be great with this salad.
Can I make this Salad in Advance?
This salad is best served right after making because the arugula wilts quickly. If you do want to meal prep this salad, just mix everything except the arugula together and add that when ready to serve.
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Roasted Beet Salad With Quinoa and Arugula
- Warm Farro Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables
- Pear Salad with Pomegranate and Balsamic Dressing
White Bean Pesto Salad with Arugula
- 1 15 oz can white beans (great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 2-3 large handfuls arugula
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto
- 1/4 cup crumbled vegan feta
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted pistachios
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons chopped capers
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add all of your ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat and serve.