Summer meals should be simple. This salad is no exception. With just 9 super fresh ingredients, it doesn’t take much to create a flavorful salad. I whipped this up after the farmers market for lunch because I just couldn’t wait to enjoy some of the fresh veggies we had just bought! Wash up the greens, chop the tomatoes, and mix the vinaigrette while the corn steams and you will be ready to enjoy this fresh salad in a matter of minutes.
I added a hard boiled egg for a bit of filling protein, but feel free to substitute with chopped chicken or tuna. If you want to make it vegan, skip the cheese and add tempeh or baked tofu as a protein topping. I have a feeling this will be a new go-to salad for me this summer! The recipe below makes two meal sized servings.Print
Highlight the flavors of summer in this simple salad with less than 10 ingredients but a ton of flavor.
- For the Dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Salt and Pepper
- For the Salad:
- 3 Cups Arugula
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 1/2 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (or Cheese Curds)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Steam the ear of corn for 5-7 minutes. Cut the kernels off and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and shaking well.
- Assemble each salad by adding 1 1/2 cups arugula to each bowl and adding 1/2 of each of the rest of the ingredients.