Summer meals should be simple. This simple summer salad with balsamic vinaigrette is no exception. With just 9 super fresh ingredients, it doesn’t take much to create a flavorful salad.
I whipped this up after the farmers market for lunch because I just couldn’t wait to enjoy some of the fresh veggies we had just bought! Wash up the greens, chop the tomatoes, and mix the vinaigrette while the corn steams and you will be ready to enjoy this fresh salad in a matter of minutes.
I added a hard boiled egg for a bit of filling protein, but feel free to substitute with chopped chicken or tuna. If you want to make it vegan, skip the cheese and add tempeh or baked tofu as a protein topping. I have a feeling this will be a new go-to salad for me this summer! The recipe below makes two meal sized servings.
More Salads You’ll Love
- Vegan Italian Chopped Salad
- Greek Salad with Roasted Vegetables
- Beet, Tomato, and Feta Salad
- Salad in a Jar 3 Ways
- Copycat Antique Taco Salad
Simple Summer Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the Dressing:
For the Salad:
- 3 Cups Arugula
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 1/2 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, chopped
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Steam the ear of corn for 5-7 minutes. Cut the kernels off and set aside.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients in a jar and shaking well.
- Assemble each salad by adding 1 1/2 cups arugula to each bowl and adding 1/2 of each of the rest of the ingredients.