This colorful simple Italian salad made with romaine, chickpeas, chopped veggies, artichokes, olives, and parmesan is perfect for serving a crowd at summer gatherings.
This may be a big salad, but somehow it was all gone in 2 days in our house! There’s just two of us… It is just that good. Like, I just want to sit down with another big bowl of it now for dinner. This simple Italian salad would also be perfect for taking to summer gatherings to share since it makes at least 5-6 servings. It also makes a great side salad for all types of dishes from pasta to pizza to burgers. Basically, it could become a new mealtime staple for summer! (At least, that is what I hope!)
I think the secret to the addictiveness of this salad is the simple vinaigrette. Who knew that some olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon, herbs, and Parmesan could be so tasty? In fact, I may just make a double or triple batch of it to keep on hand for salads all summer long! Feel free to adjust the chopped vegetables you add to this salad based on what you have on hand. Of course, I would suggest making it just the way it is listed below since it includes many of my favorite foods. I am kind of obsessed with those pepperoncini peppers – I happily add them on pizza, salad, and more!
More Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach and Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Chickpea Taco Salad
- Blood Orange Moroccan Salad
- Pear, Arugula, and Balsamic Salad
Simple Italian Salad
For the Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 1/2 oz. grated vegetarian Parmesan
- 12 oz. 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup quartered cucumber
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives
- 3 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 12 oz. jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 cup shaved vegetarian parmesan pieces
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a salad jar and screw on lid. Shake vigorously to combine.
- To make the salad add the lettuce to a large bowl and top with chopped vegetables. Pour dressing over top of the salad and toss to combine.