This beet, tomato, feta salad with Italian dressing is perfect for last minute cookouts where you need a simple dish that highlights the flavors of summer.
Lately, I seem to be on a huge feta kick. Do you ever get that way? Where you just keep eating the same food over and over again for a few weeks? Some of my other recent food kicks/”jags” have been apples and peanut butter, blueberry cashew smoothies, and tempeh lettuce cups. In college, it was peanut butter and jelly – every day.
I think the reason feta has been such a staple in my kitchen of late is that it pairs so well with fresh tomatoes. Summer is the time to enjoy tomatoes! This salad combines some of the best flavors of summer: beets, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Everything gets chopped up and tossed together in a tasty homemade Italian dressing.
Meal Prep Friendly
This beet, tomato, and feta salad only gets better with time so if you are trying to get a head start on meal prep, this is definitely a dish that can be made a day ahead. It is perfect for summer potlucks/cookouts!
More Delicious Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Kale Salad with Blueberries and Feta
- Peach and Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Quinoa and Arugula
- Simple Italian Salad
- Chickpea Taco Salad
Beet, Tomato, Feta Salad with Italian Dressing
For the Salad
- 4 small cooked beets
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4-5 chopped fresh basil leaves
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper
- Begin by chopping all of your vegetables and placing them into a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the salad dressing ingredients and stir well.
- Pour over the chopped vegetables and toss to coat.
- Serve chilled!
- Make prepping this salad super simple by buying pre-cooked beets in the produce aisle.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Alex @ DelishKnowledge says
YUM! Love this! Pinning now 🙂
Becca from It's Yummi! says
I’m a huge beet lover! Can’t wait to dig in to this salad 🙂
Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits says
I love the addition of beets in this salad! I’ve been cooking mainly with golden beets lately because they make less of a mess in the kitchen, but need to get back on the red beets bandwagon!
Arman @ thebigmansworld says
Feta and tomatoes in a salad are actually a match made in heaven- I’ve been dying to find a new dressing recipe and I think I’ve found one! Thanks Debbie!