This carrot yogurt dip is tangy and loaded with warming spices from the garam masala. Whip this dip up for a simply holiday party appetizer!
If you still need a last minute dish to bring to any holiday gatherings over the next week or two, this pretty carrot yogurt dip is sure to win you compliments. 🙂 It’s super easy to make and is delicious with some crackers and fresh chopped vegetables. (In fact, it disappeared quite quickly in our house!)
I highly recommend serving it with the multi-seed tamari soy sauce crackers from Trader Joe’s which are pictured above. (Not sponsored!) They just seem to pair especially well with the spices in the carrot dip. Of course, if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby, any kind of seedy multigrain cracker will work just as well. To serve, I drizzled it with a little olive oil and a dash of smoked paprika for color.
Also, if you are looking for another recipe that uses the spice, garam masala, check out the vegan creamy carrot soup I posted last week! If you can’t find garam masala, you can make your own OR you can substitute it with curry powder.
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
Carrot Yogurt Dip
- 1 lb carrots ~6 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 th teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Peel carrots and slice into 1/3" thick coins.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the carrots, garam masala, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes, removing the lid to stir occasionally, until carrots are fork tender.
- Add garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, lime juice, and carrots to the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Deanna Segrave-Daly says
Oooh that sounds delish – love the spices.