Whip up this flavorful cauliflower fried rice with tofu in just about 30 minutes in one pan. It’s the perfect healthy main dish for busy weeknights!
I know, the whole cauliflower rice thing isn’t new but I just had to jump on board! It may be just me, but I have always had trouble cooking rice at home. Have you? Half the time when I try to cook it, most of the cooking water boils out onto the stove from underneath the lid and the texture is disappointing. Maybe improving my rice cooking skills should be a 2017 resolution! Cauliflower rice on the other hand can be used as a tasty substitute for rice and takes half the time to cook! That’s what makes it so perfect for this cauliflower fried rice with tofu which you can make in one pan in just 30 minutes! Because who has time for dishes?
Some of the Health Benefits of Cauliflower
Cauliflower is in the same family as other cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, kale, and cabbage. One of the unique benefits of cruciferous vegetables is that they contain glucosinolates which are a type of phytonutrient. (They are also the same compound that give cruciferous vegetables their characteristic pungent flavor.) Glucosinolates support the natural detoxifying processes that occur in your liver and also have anti-cancer effects. Using cauliflower in rice form is just another way to incorporate this healthy vegetable into my diet without getting bored!
Tips for Prepping the Tofu
Also, note that you don’t have to press the tofu for this recipe which is also a time saver! I found that I like the texture of the firm tofu when it has been crumbled right out of the package. All you need to do is drain the liquid it is packaged in! I find that the crumbled firm tofu has the closest texture to scrambled eggs.
More Tofu Recipes You’ll Love
- Tofu Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Teriyaki Tofu Sheet Pan Dinner
- Vegan Lasagna with Tofu Ricotta
- Vegan Curry Soba Noodles with Crispy Tofu
- Simple Vegan Tofu Egg Salad
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Tofu
- 1 medium head 16 oz. cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger grated
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 14 ounce block firm tofu drained
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- To serve: 2 green onions sriracha sauce
- Cut floret pieces from the cauliflower stems and rinse well. Place in a food processor and pulse 3-5 times until cauliflower is chopped into rice sized pieces.
- In a large skillet heat the olive and sesame oils. Add the onion and red pepper and saute ~3 minutes until onion is tender and translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, broth, ginger, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Transfer the cauliflower to the pan and stir. Cover with lid and cook over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the peas. Crumble the tofu into the pan and stir. Saute for 3-5 minutes or until liquid has cooked off, tofu is warmed, and cauliflower is tender.
- To serve, top with sliced green onion, sriracha sauce, and additional soy sauce (if desired).
- You don't have to press the tofu for this recipe which is also a time saver! I found that I like the texture of the firm tofu when it has been crumbled right out of the package. All you need to do is drain the liquid it is packaged in.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
This cauliflower rice looks so good! Can’t wait to give it a try!