These giant double chocolate cookies take no time to whip up and taste like a fudge-like brownie but in cookie form. Simple ingredients like almond butter, almond flour, and maple syrup mean these are vegan, naturally sweetened, gluten free, and dairy free.
These giant double chocolate cookies are the perfect treat to pair with your afternoon coffee. You’ll only need a few ingredients to whip them up so there’s no excuse not to make them whenever the craving hits. (Especially since you are likely spending a lot of time at home these days!) Since I have limited freezer space, I am all about small batch baked goods like this one. This recipe makes just 2 giant double chocolate cookies that are gluten free, grain free, and vegan. You can also bake them into 6 small cookies, but I find that the smaller cookies do not firm up as well as the large ones.
Ingredients You’ll Need for these Double Chocolate Cookies:
- Flax: You’ll need some ground flax in order to make a vegan egg. You could also use ground chia seeds too.
- Almond Flour
- Almond Butter: Look for a natural, unsweetened almond butter for this recipe. Make sure to stir it well.
- Maple Syrup: Naturally sweetens these cookies.
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt
- Vegan Chocolate Chips: I try to purchase vegan chocolate chips that are also fair trade.
Can you freeze these cookies?
Yes! You can freeze these cookies and pop them into the microwave for a few seconds to defrost them and enjoy later.
More yummy vegan dessert recipes you don’t want to miss:
- Vegan Lemon Loaf (Gluten Free)
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Frosting
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Skillet
Giant Double Chocolate Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan)
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Add ground flax seed and water to a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside for 2-3 minutes until gel forms.
- Add the almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the flax egg. Mix well with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be wet/soft.)
- Stir in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into two and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until top is cracked and no longer looks wet.
- Allow to cook completely on baking sheet to allow them to firm up before eating or transferring to a container to store.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Leave A Reply!