These naturally sweetened peanut butter cookie dough bites are the perfect sweet afternoon treat. Made with just 8 pantry-friendly ingredients, you can make these up in 10 minutes or less!
I always try to keep some healthy snacks around like these double chocolate banana muffins or some apple & peanut butter for the mid-afternoon munchies. These peanut butter cookie dough bites are a new go-to since they are so simple to make and keep me feeling satisfied until dinner time thanks to their protein and fiber content. Plus, they’re delicious!
Ingredients you’ll need for these cookie dough bites
- Peanut Butter: choose an unsweetened creamy peanut butter for this recipe. We love making our own peanut butter, but any of your favorite brands will work. Peanut butter is a great source of plant-based protein as well as heart healthy fats and magnesium. If you don’t like peanut butter, you can sub another nut butter if you’d like.
- Maple Syrup: adds some sweetness to these bites.
- Oats: you’ll need old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract
- Chia seeds: if you don’t have chia seeds, you can easily skip them. I like adding them in where I can since they are a good source of protein, fiber, and omega-3. (Read more about the health benefits of chia seeds in my flaxseeds vs chia seeds post!)
- Shredded coconut: you’ll want to use unsweetened shredded coconut for these bites or else it will be too sweet.
- Cacao nibs: you can also use mini vegan chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Sea salt: if you are using a salted peanut butter, you can skip the extra sea salt if you want.
Is peanut butter good for you?
Yes! Peanut butter is a great source of protein, with 8 grams of protein per 2 tablespoons. Although some people may balk at the fat content, the majority of the fat in peanut butter is unsaturated fats that may be protective against heart disease. Stick with a peanut butter that has a simple ingredient list with just peanuts and/or salt as that is going to be your healthiest option.
Looking for more healthy snack recipes? Check out these!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites
- Add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon until dough forms. Roll into 1 tablespoon size bites. Store in the refrigerator.