This peanut butter chocolate chip cookie skillet is a healthy-ish dessert that couldn’t be easier to whip up! Made with simple ingredients you probably already have plus it’s gluten free and vegan. #vegan #cookie #glutenfree
Monday was my birthday so I wanted to create a treat to help me celebrate and this cookie skillet was just the thing. This peanut butter chocolate chip skillet cookie is the answer to your dreams of a healthy-ish dessert! It only required 7 simple ingredients to whip up, most of which you probably already have on hand in your pantry! I love that I can easily make one of these skillet cookies whenever the craving hits since I usually always have these ingredients in my kitchen.
Tips for making this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie skillet
- All you need for this recipe are a few simple ingredients you probably already have at home: peanut butter, almond flour, baking soda, maple syrup, almond milk, ground flax, and chocolate.
- Mix all of your cookie ingredients together in one large mixing bowl. I like to start by adding the water and flax to the bowl and letting it sit while I gather the rest of the ingredients.
- Grease your skillet well and make sure that it is oven safe since you will be putting it in the oven!
- Make sure to keep an eye on your skillet cookie in the last few minutes of cooking so that you don’t overcook it. Pull it out when you see that the edges are starting to brown.
- I love eating this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie skillet warm right out of the skillet with a spoon! However, as it cools, the cookie does get more slice-able if you would prefer to slice and serve it on plates.
- I like to use chopped dark chocolate in this cookie but chocolate chips work well too!
- Serve it with your favorite plant-based ice cream. (My fave is Nada-Moo!)
Looking for more vegan dessert recipes? Check out these ones!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 12 inch non-stick skillet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flax and warm water. Set aside for 3-5 minutes until it forms a gel.
- Once flax is ready, add peanut butter, syrup, flour, milk, and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks and salt. Stir again.
- Transfer to greased skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned on edges.
- Serve warm and eat out of the pan or allow to cool completely and slice to serve.