Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dole Sunshine®as part of their #SharetheSunshine and #KingofJuices campaign.
Summer is in full swing and I can’t get enough of these strawberry pineapple margaritas! They are so refreshing and just happen to be a bit better for you than a margarita made with a traditional store-bought margarita mix since those mixes are usually loaded with sugar. Instead, these margaritas get most of their sweetness naturally (there’s a little sugar in the orange liqueur) from fresh strawberries and Dole 100% pineapple juice. Plus, they are super simple to whip up from just a few ingredients that are easy to find at your local grocery store. I am seriously in love with the pretty color the crushed strawberries add to this margarita. Although I strained the margarita mix to remove the crushed strawberries, you could totally include them in the bottom of the glass since they are so delicious to snack on when you are done with your margarita. Making this margarita for a crowd? The recipe below makes 1 serving, but you could easily triple/quadruple/etc the recipe to serve more. I think it would look really pretty served up in a pitcher with lots of chopped strawberries and pineapple.
Our new condo has a great back porch so we have found ourselves spending quite a bit of time hanging out there this summer. I was so excited when our new patio furniture came since we finally have something comfortable to lounge on while we sip on these margaritas. My ideal summer afternoon would likely involve hanging out on our porch and sipping on one of these strawberry pineapple margaritas while I wait for dinner to finish on the grill. What about you?
Cheers to summer with this strawberry pineapple margarita made with Dole 100% pineapple juice. Crushed fresh strawberries create a pretty pink color and add lots of flavor!
- Margarita salt for glasses
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 5 fresh strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 2 oz tequila
- 1 oz orange liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
- 2 oz Dole Sunshine 100% pineapple juice
- Club soda or lemon flavored sparkling water
- To garnish: fresh pineapple, sliced strawberries, fresh mint
- Add margarita salt to a plate. Rub rim of glass with sliced lime and roll in rim in salt to coat. Add ice to glass and set aside.
- Squeeze lemon and lime and add juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Add strawberries, tequila, orange liqueur, and pineapple juice to the shaker. Crush strawberries with a cocktail muddler or large spoon.
- Strain strawberry/pineapple mixture through strainer or top of cocktail shaker into prepared glass.
- Top with club soda. Garnish with fresh pineapple, sliced strawberries, and mint. Serve!
Recipe makes 1 cocktail.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 130 kcals
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Sodium: Varies
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 g