If you are headed to a 4th of July barbecue this weekend and still have no idea what to bring, might I suggest fruit salad? Fruit salad is super simple and it’s always a hit! I almost feel silly sharing a fruit salad “recipe” since they are so simple, but this combo was so tasty I thought I would share.
A lot of fruit salad recipes call for a simple syrup or honey, but honestly I think the natural sweetness from the fruit is just perfect. Plus, skipping the syrup step makes this apricot, berry, and nectarine fruit salad even quicker. (Also, as an RD I am all about cutting back on added sugar!) The recipe as written makes about 3-4 servings, but you can definitely scale it up for larger groups!
More Fresh Summer Recipes You’ll Love
- Summer Peach Salad with Grilled Corn and Toasted Almonds
- Grilled Tofu Kebabs with Red Pepper Sauce
- Vegetarian Grilled Fajitas
- Mango Lime Popsicles
- Strawberry Pineapple Margaritas
Apricot, Berry, and Nectarine Fruit Salad
- 2 nectarines sliced
- 2 apricots sliced
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Chop all of your fruit and add to a large bowl. Squeeze lime juice and zest over top. Toss to coat and serve.