While Will was out of town this weekend campaigning for Bernie Sanders in Iowa (#feelthebern), I was re-watching The Office. (I’m not really the type who loves debating politics with strangers. Lol.) How did I not know that all 9 seasons were on Netflix?! Also, how is it still so funny even though I’ve seen it so many times? Who knows, but it totally made my weekend. The other thing that made my weekend? This green juice cocktail! Don’t have a juicer? No worries, check out my previous post on how to make juice with your blender. Not only does this green juice cocktail make a tasty happy hour beverage, but it also happens to have a healthy dose of vitamins A, C, and K! It also isn’t overly sweet like most juice based cocktails.
Not time for cocktails yet? Leave out the gin and you have a tasty green juice to serve alongside a healthy breakfast!Print
Health-ify your happy hour with this tasty green juice cocktail that is packed with vitamins A, C and K.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 grapefruit
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger root
- 1/2 English cucumber (~6 inches)
- 1 apple, core removed
- 4.5 ounces gin
- Add all the ingredients (except gin and ice) into a blender and puree until smooth. Squeeze through a cheesecloth to remove the pulp.
- Add ice to three 10 ounce glasses and divide juice evenly between all of them. Add 1.5 ounces of gin to each glass and stir. Serve immediately.