Sometimes, I am craving cookies, but I don’t feel like taking the time to stand there scooping out the dough. (Such a first world problem…) Luckily, that’s when blondies come in! They still taste like a cookie, but bake up like a brownie so you spend less time in the kitchen. These berry chocolate chip blondies include some of my new favorite cookie add-ins: freeze dried berries, chocolate chips, and coconut.Print
Whip up the batter for these vegan berry chocolate chip blondies in a matter of minutes for a tasty treat.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup neutral oil (coconut or canola work well)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup freeze dried berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix flax seed and warm water together in a large mixing bowl. Allow to sit for 5 minutes or until it starts to gel.
- To the same bowl add the oil, flour, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir until dough forms.
- Add in the berries, chips, and coconut. Stir well to combine.
- Line an 8″x8″ glass baking dish with parchment paper. Transfer dough into pan and use spoon to level out the dough.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.