This vegan smoky tempeh kale stir fry is a delicious vegan dish that comes together in minutes! All you need are a handful of ingredients including kale, tempeh, smoked paprika, and mushroom.
Different variations of tempeh stir-fry are my absolute favorite go-to vegetarian meals because they come together in a matter of minutes. I keep this one in my arsenal for weekends when I have a few veggies and a bit of extra tempeh to use up.
The South African Smoke Seasoning Blend I used in this version was a new one Will picked up a couple of weeks ago at Trader Joe’s. I have been loving the new flavor it’s added to our dishes all week! If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s around, you can make your own by mixing up a bit of smoked paprika, sea salt, garlic, and basil. Yum!
It adds a lot of that umami flavor that you usually can’t get from plant based protein. Feel free to adjust the amount of seasoning you use too, depending on the strength. This one from Trader Joe’s is pretty potent, so it doesn’t take a lot to season the dish!
More Tempeh Recipes You’ll Love
- Sticky Tempeh Bowl
- Easy BBQ Tempeh
- Chipotle Tempeh Tacos with Black Bean Salsa and Avocado Crema
- Teriyaki Tempeh Bowl
- Tempeh and Broccoli Stir Fry
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Smoky Tempeh Kale Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons South African Smoke Seasoning from Trader Joe’s
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 4 oz. tempeh crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped cremini mushrooms
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in medium size saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Toss in mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown and soften.
- Add kale, tempeh, and seasoning.
- Stir and cook until kale is wilted and tempeh is lightly browned.