This spiced pear baked oatmeal is a delicious meal prep friendly breakfast option that features fresh pears, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
For this month’s recipe redux, I took a little different approach to the theme – good luck foods. Sauerkraut at New Years was commonly enjoyed by my family, minus myself , who couldn’t get over the smell of it cooking to actually give it a try… Ha! I know black eyed peas are another good luck food, but they are tough to flavor without bacon/ham/pork, which isn’t my thing as a vegetarian. Round foods are also considered good luck – so I thought, why not bake oatmeal in a skillet?! Can that count as round? In some cultures, it’s tradition to hide a trinket or coin in your pudding or cake as a sign of good luck for whoever receives it in their piece. Why not hide a little something in these oats for someone to find on New Years morning? (Warning your guests beforehand of course!) Plus, what better way to start off the new year on a healthy note than with this hearty vegan breakfast? Sounds like a great idea to me!
More Delicious Baked Oatmeal Recipes You’ll Love
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Vegan Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
Spiced Pear Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except pears in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour oat mixture into skillet and spread evenly in the pan.
- Arrange sliced pears over the top of the oats.
- Cook at 350 degrees for ~40 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dash of cream or your favorite plant-based milk and a side of hot coffee or tea.