This vegan tempeh and broccoli stir fry is a delicious and easy weeknight meal that you are sure to fall in love with!
One of those recent creations that was a huge hit was this tempeh and brocoli stir fry. Oh. my. goodness! Will made up this super quick and colorful dish which is so fun to look at when served up in a bowl.
The soy sauce marinade for this recipe is one we use a lot that comes from Mark Bittman’s cookbook, How to Cook Everything. (We use his book as a reference all the time!) Topped with a bit of sriracha or hoisin sauce, this was a filling and healthy meal.
Perfect for meatless Monday! For my non-vegetarian friends, I am sure that you can easily replace the tempeh with chicken or thinly sliced beef.
More Tempeh Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy BBQ Tempeh
- Vegan Buffalo Tempeh Wrap
- Vegan Tempeh Lettuce Cups
- Spicy Tempeh Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Tempeh Skillet Casserole
- Vegan Smoky Tempeh Stir Fry
Tempeh and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 8 ounces tempeh crumbled
- 1/2 lb. Shirataki mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 onion minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduceed sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and scallion. Stir well.
- Wash and break broccoli heads apart into smaller pieces. Cut off stems and slice stems 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add broccoli. Toss to coat in oil and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms, and carrot. Continue to cook until onion is translucent and broccoli is starting to get tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tempeh and the other 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and tempeh is lightly browned.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the broccoli and tempeh in the skillet. Stir well to coat the tempeh and vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Alex Caspero MA,RD (@delishknowledge) says
Hi Debbie! I feel that same way but won’t stop my own blog anytime soon. I love the space and freedom it gives me! Plus, I’ve decided that I really prefer reading the smaller blogs over the ones that have gotten big over the years. So- keep going! This stir-fry looks delicious! 🙂
Stephanie @ StephanieRDN.com says
I LOVE your blog! Keep the yummy recipes and beautiful photography coming! Just like this one – isn’t stir fry the best? 🙂
Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon says
This looks so filling and healthy! I am very jealous and want to have this over here for lunch. Yay for small blogs and noticing the advancements you’ve made- I feel the same way, and don’t want to stop my little corner of the internet.
Hi Debbie. I feel exactly like you do about my little blog in the big WWW. I personally love reading the smaller blogs over the bigger ones, so keep at it. 🙂
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
Sounds so good, great for a Meatless Monday!
genevieve @ gratitude & greens says
This looks so good! I love broccoli and tempeh, so this is a perfect dish for me. Your first paragraph perfectly sums up how I feel about the blog, although my little following is actually quite little, haha! How is Mark Bittman’s book? I’ve been meaning to buy it for ages but have never gotten around to it! I’ve seen his TED talk and read some of his articles and I really like everything he does.
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables says
I’ve had some tempeh in my fridge for awhile now and I haven’t been inspired to make anything with it. This look delicious! I love anything with a little spice and broccoli is my favorite stir-fry type veggie 🙂 Thanks for sharing, Debbie!