This vegan tempeh and broccoli stir fry is a delicious and easy weeknight meal that you are sure to fall in love with!
One of those recent creations that was a huge hit was this tempeh and brocoli stir fry. Oh. my. goodness! Will made up this super quick and colorful dish which is so fun to look at when served up in a bowl.
The soy sauce marinade for this recipe is one we use a lot that comes from Mark Bittman’s cookbook, How to Cook Everything. (We use his book as a reference all the time!) Topped with a bit of sriracha or hoisin sauce, this was a filling and healthy meal.
Perfect for meatless Monday! For my non-vegetarian friends, I am sure that you can easily replace the tempeh with chicken or thinly sliced beef.
More Tempeh Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy BBQ Tempeh
- Vegan Buffalo Tempeh Wrap
- Vegan Tempeh Lettuce Cups
- Spicy Tempeh Stuffed Peppers
- Mexican Tempeh Skillet Casserole
- Vegan Smoky Tempeh Stir Fry
Tempeh and Broccoli Stir Fry
- 8 ounces tempeh crumbled
- 1/2 lb. Shirataki mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1/2 onion minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup reduceed sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and scallion. Stir well.
- Wash and break broccoli heads apart into smaller pieces. Cut off stems and slice stems 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add broccoli. Toss to coat in oil and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add the onion, mushrooms, and carrot. Continue to cook until onion is translucent and broccoli is starting to get tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add the crumbled tempeh and the other 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cook for another 5-7 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and tempeh is lightly browned.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over the broccoli and tempeh in the skillet. Stir well to coat the tempeh and vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes and serve.