Breakfast smoothies are my jam during the summer. It’s just too hot for my usual bowl of oatmeal so creamy, chilled smoothies take its place. In order to keep them interesting, I’ve been trying to experiment with new flavor combinations. Peanut butter and banana is a classic, but this time, I added a few frozen coffee ice cubes. So good! I love having another excuse to have more coffee in the morning. Try making this nutty banana coffee smoothie and find out more about how it can give your morning a healthy kickstart.
- Caffeine: Get a boost from the caffeine in the coffee as well as some added health benefits. Numerous studies have indicated that regularly consuming coffee may have positive health benefits like lowered risk of cancer and type 2 diabetes.
- Electrolytes: This smoothie is a great source of calcium, potassium, and phosphorus. All of these minerals or electrolytes play an important role in blood pressure regulation and fluid balance.
- Fiber: Smoothies are perfect for a healthy breakfast since they can be loaded up with lots of fresh fruits and even vegetables, both of which are rich in fiber. That extra fiber is important for preventing mid-morning crashes in blood sugar which have you rushing to the snack machine.
Give your morning a healthy kickstart with this nutty banana coffee smoothie!
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Brew coffee and pour into an ice cube tray to freeze. Once it has formed into ice cubes, you are ready to make this smoothie!
- Add 6-8 coffee ice cubes to the blender. (Depending on how much coffee flavor you want.) Top with banana, peanut butter, milk, and yogurt.
- Blend and serve!