Support healthy, glowing skin with this grapefruit green smoothie which is packed with free-radical fighting vitamins A and C! All you need are a few simple ingredients like spinach, grapefruit, yogurt, almond milk, and ginger.
Sipping on a smoothie is one of my favorite ways to start off the day. Since it is my go-to breakfast, I am always trying out new fruit combinations. This grapefruit green smoothie with ginger and spinach is delicious. Since grapefruit are in season, I’ve been trying to make this smoothie as much as I can!
Can you taste the spinach in smoothies?
Nope! You can’t taste the spinach in this smoothie so it is a great way to get a serving of greens in first thing in the morning. I prefer baby spinach since it has less flavor and blends better. Both fresh or frozen spinach works great in smoothies. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate as well as being a good source of magnesium, iron and vitamin B2.
Ingredients You’ll Need for this Grapefruit Green Smoothie
This smoothie isn’t just delicious, but it is also packed with fiber and nutrients like Vitamins A and C which support healthy, glowing skin and hair. Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great addition to smoothies since it provides probiotics to support a healthy digestive system. I prefer to use plain, unsweetened yogurt for my smoothies. If vegan, feel free to use a non-dairy option – my favorite is Forager cashew yogurt.
- Non-Dairy Milk: If you don’t have almond milk, feel free to substitute it with whatever milk you have on hand at home – dairy and non-dairy alternatives both work well! To boost the protein, try soy milk.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is one of my favorite citrus fruits and love how it tastes in this simple green smoothie.
- Baby Spinach: You won’t be able to taste the spinach in the finished smoothie.
- Ginger: Ginger and grapefruit are such a great combo. I add just a bit of peeled ginger root to my smoothie but you can also use ground ginger powder. Tip: to make your ginger root last longer, toss it in the freezer!
- Banana: Fresh or frozen banana works well in this smoothie. (A frozen banana will make a thicker smoothie.) I like adding bananas to smoothies to add some natural sweetness.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes:
- Blood Orange Berry Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie (Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
- Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie (Vegetarian)
Grapefruit Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt dairy free yogurt works well too
- 3/4 cup almond milk OR your favorite non-dairy milk
- 1/2 grapefruit peeled and segmented
- 1 cup fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 in. peeled ginger root OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger root
- 1/2 fresh or frozen banana
- Cut the peel off of the grapefruit and slice into large pieces. Place in the blender with the rest of your ingredients and puree until smooth.