What better way to kick start your day than with this yummy peanut butter mocha smoothie made with soy milk, banana, coffee, and vegan yogurt.
I love starting my mornings with a smoothie. This vegan peanut butter mocha smoothie combines some of my favorite foods: peanut butter, chocolate, and coffee! They blend together for a delicious smoothie that has just enough caffeine to get you going in the morning.
Mocha Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen Banana: You can use fresh banana as well, but I prefer frozen for a creamy, icy smoothie. Using frozen banana will make a thicker smoothie as well.
- Coffee: Use leftover or chilled brewed coffee for this smoothie. You don’t want to use hot coffee or you will end up with a warm smoothie and you’ll lose the frostiness from the frozen bananas.
- Milk: I prefer to use soy milk in smoothies since it has more protein than other plant-based milks. However, you can use whatever plant-based milk that you prefer.
- Yogurt: This adds a bit of extra creaminess to this smoothie. I love the plain, unsweetened almond milk yogurt from Kite Hill. You can use whatever plant-based yogurt you like!
- Cocoa Powder: Adds just a hint of chocolate flavor to this yummy smoothie.
- Peanut Butter: Pairs so well with the coffee and the cocoa. Plus, it adds some healthy fats to this smoothie to help fill you up.
- Chia Seeds/Hemp Hearts: Optional, but I like the added nutrient benefits of protein and healthy fats from chia seeds or hemp hearts. I toss them into my smoothies often!
How to Blend the Perfect Smoothie
- Start on low speed and slowly increase the speed to blend up all the ingredients.
- Using frozen fruit in smoothies creates a thicker, creamier smoothie.
- Smoothie too thick? Add a splash of milk. Too thin? Blend in some ice or more frozen fruit.
For this recipe, I used my Magic Bullet Kitchen Express. As someone with a small kitchen with limited counter space, I love the small footprint of this powerful little blender! Use code dietitiandebbie at checkout to get 15% off your order at nutribullet.com (affiliate link).
More Delicious Plant-Based Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Red and Green Smoothie
- Blood Orange Berry Smoothie
- Healthy Grapefruit Green Smoothie
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie
- Berry Beet Smoothie
- Matcha Tea Green Smoothie
- Mango Raspberry Smoothie
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
- 1/2 cup soy milk or any non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup chilled brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk yogurt (any non-dairy yogurt will work)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or hemp hearts
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve chilled.