Over the past few months, I have become a huge fan of podcasts. Will has always been an avid podcast and audiobook listener, but I thought it was a bit too nerdy to start. I enjoyed listening to my tunes on Pandora during my commute. However, over the last few weeks, I have changed my mind about podcasts. After finding a few good ones, I am all about them now. That’s right, now I’m the big nerd. Ha!
How about you? Any favorite podcasts? Over the last few weeks I have been loving these ones: Joy the Baker Podcast, This American Life, The Jess Lively Show, The Art of Simple, After the Jump, and Elise Gets Crafty. Whew. That sounds like a lot! However, I seem to go through them quickly each week. They are great for listening to at the gym too – I feel like it makes the time go by faster than listening to music.
Just like listening to podcasts has now become a habit in my life, this salad may make a frequent appearance in my lunch this fall! I picked up a few perfect pears this weekend that I couldn’t help but incorporate into a salad. The sweet pears were perfect paired with some peppery arugula and salty gorgonzola. The dressing is as simple as can be with just balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper.Print
Celebrate the start of fall with this simple, flavorful salad!
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the Pecans:
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- For the Salad:
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a jar, combine dressing ingredients and shake well to combine.
- To make the pecans, pour pecans onto a non-stick skillet and heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the maple syrup and stir. Heat another 1-2 minutes or until pecans are well coated with syrup. (They will be sticky!) Turn off heat and sprinkle with brown sugar. Toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Divide arugula into two bowls. Top with 1/2 portion of the pear, pecans, cheese, and cranberries. Pour 1/2 of dressing over top of each salad. Toss to coat.