Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Dole® as part of their #SharetheSunshine campaign.
Need a last minute dish for a holiday party this weekend? Look no farther than this goat cheese ball with blueberries and rosemary! This yummy appetizer recipe requires less than 10 ingredients to make and can be whipped up in just about 20 minutes. Recipes like this one are total lifesavers for people (like me!) who tend to wait until the last minute to decide on what to bring to a party. Pick up your cheese ball ingredients along with an assortment of crackers and some fruit and you’ll be ready to impress your friends and family with a cheese platter that was deceptively easy to make.
Since fresh blueberries are out of season in the midwest (hello winter in Chicago!), pick up a bag of Dole® frozen blueberries instead. You’ll use about 1/3 of a cup of blueberries for this recipe so you’ll have plenty leftover for smoothies and other berry dishes. Not only do those blueberries add delicious flavor and pretty color, they are chock full of antioxidants too! Will and I like to keep our freezer stocked with frozen fruit to add to savory and sweet dishes all winter long. Dole® also offers a few frozen fruit and vegetable blends that I am excited to try out in my morning smoothies soon!
This goat cheese ball with blueberries and rosemary is super simple to make and the perfect appetizer for any holiday party!
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup frozen Dole® blueberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted pecans
- In a small mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except pecans. Stir until mixed. Use a spatula to form a ball with the cheese.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Add pecans to a plate. Work with your hands to reshape cheese into ball if needed. Roll cheese into pecans to coat cheese ball.
- Serve with crackers and fruit or wrap and chill to serve later.