This red pepper chickpea curry just became my new favorite quick and easy dinner meal! Seriously, it is less than 10 ingredients and other than a quick puree in the food processor, it can all made in just one pan. Plus, you can make it in 30 minutes or less and it is gluten free and vegan as well. Having a simple meal like this one in your back pocket is great for busy weeknights.
We had some leftovers of this dish that I packed in my lunch for work the next day and I think it tasted even better after sitting in the fridge for a night. I added a bit of harissa for some spice and I highly recommend it! If you are vegan, you can serve this curry as is over brown rice. We added a few crumbles of feta cheese when serving which was extra delicious.Print
This red pepper chickpea curry is a simple vegan and gluten free dinner that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes making it a great meal for busy weeknights.
- 1 (16 oz.) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mild harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon muchi curry powder
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 15 oz. can, drained)
- 9 oz. bag fresh spinach
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Feta (if not vegan)
- Naan bread
- Drain the roasted red peppers and add to a food processor with the coconut milk and harissa. Puree until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil. Add the onion and curry powder and stir fry until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the pureed pepper mixture and chickpeas. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until it just starts to simmer.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Social shares for this post are partly sponsored by Mina harissa. I only work with brands that I already use and love to share with you all on Dietitian Debbie Dishes.