This red pepper chickpea curry is a simple vegan and gluten free dinner that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes making it a great meal for busy weeknights.
This red pepper chickpea curry just became my new favorite quick and easy dinner meal!
Seriously, it is less than 10 ingredients and other than a quick puree in the food processor, it can all made in just one pan. Plus, you can make it in 30 minutes or less and it is gluten free and vegan as well.
Having a simple meal like this one in your back pocket is great for busy weeknights. It has become one of my go-to recipes like this chickpea and butternut squash curry.
We had some leftovers of this dish that I packed in my lunch for work the next day and I think it tasted even better after sitting in the fridge for a night. I added a bit of harissa for some spice and I highly recommend it! If you are vegan, you can serve this curry as is over brown rice. We added a few crumbles of feta cheese when serving which was extra delicious.
More Curry Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Madras Curry
- Vegan Chickpea Chana Masala
- Vegan Curry Soba Noodles with Tofu
- Six Ingredient Red Lentil Curry
- Easy Tofu Pumpkin Curry
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Red Pepper Chickpea Curry
- 1 (16 oz) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 15.5 oz. can full-fat coconut milk (lite coconut milk also works)
- 2 tablespoons mild harissa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 15 oz. can, drained
- 1 10 oz bag fresh spinach
- Cooked brown or white rice
- Feta if not vegan
- Naan bread
- Drain the roasted red peppers and add to a food processor with the coconut milk and harissa. Puree until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat up the olive oil. Add the onion and curry powder and stir fry until onion is translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the pureed pepper mixture and chickpeas. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until it just starts to simmer.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked brown rice.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Oh wow! I love the look and sound of this, thank you for sharing.
Such a comforting meal! Your photos are so beautiful to look at! xx
dixya @ food, pleasure, and health says
i love chickpea curry in general and using harissa is just brilliant. i love adding harissa on my soups as well.
Jessica @ Nutritioulicious says
This looks and sounds awesome and I just bought a jar of that Harissa. It must be meant to be!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
My favorite harissa!!!!