Savor the flavors of summer with this easy vegan pasta with summer vegetables that is super simple and can be made in just about 30 minutes.
This easy vegan pasta with summer vegetables is the perfect dish for a weeknight when you don’t have a lot of time to get dinner on the table and a drawer full of veggies that are about to turn. Don’t let those veggies go to waste! To make the sauce, you just sauté all your chopped vegetables together in a large skillet and add in a cup of cooked white beans at the end for extra protein. In a separate pot, make your pasta. By the time your pasta is done, your sauce should also be ready. Combine the two in a bowl and top it with some nutritional yeast for a one bowl meal that is healthy and filling.
See all the yummy goodness going on in the skillet above? You’ve got zucchini, chopped orange bell pepper, spinach, garlic, tomatoes, and fresh basil. Mmmm…. As you may have guessed, I love a good chunky sauce! You can either follow my recipe as written or substitute whatever veggies you have on hand that you need to use up. I love eating this with some of my easy vegan parmesan on top. Not vegan? Feel free to top this dish with some shredded parmesan or asiago cheese to serve rather than the nutritional yeast. Either way is delicious!
More Delicious Recipes
- Peach and Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Burst Tomato and Spinach Pasta
- Creamy Vegan Pasta with Peas and Mint
- Raspberry Nectarine Popsicles
- Sheet Pan Vegan Sausage and Veggies with Pesto
Easy Vegan Pasta with Summer Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium zucchini ~10 oz., sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 4-5 medium heirloom tomatoes chopped (~8 ounces total)
- 8 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried or chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 15 oz can white beans (~1 cup)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 servings whole wheat pasta I used shells
- Nutritional yeast for serving or my easy vegan parmesan!
- In a medium saucepan, add water and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute for one minute. Add the zucchini and pepper. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until zucchini starts to soften. Stir in the tomatoes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in the tomato sauce, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer and stir in the spinach and white beans. Cook until spinach is wilted and beans are heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
- To serve, toss pasta and sauce together. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.