I don’t know about you, but I like keeping something sweet tucked away in the freezer for when the craving for dessert hits after dinner. This chocolate tahini fudge has just the right amount of sweetness to hit the spot. Plus, it couldn’t be any easier to make so we find ourselves replacing freezer stash often.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is made out of ground sesame seeds. It has an earthy, nutty taste that can sometimes have just a hint of bitterness. The texture of tahini is very smooth and it tends to be a little more runny than peanut butter. Tahini is used in a lot of Middle Eastern recipes like hummus.
Is Tahini healthy?
Yes! Tahini, like other nut butters, is a good source of healthy fats like polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat. It also has more calcium and iron than peanut butter.
How to Store this Vegan Chocolate Tahini Fudge
The best way to store this fudge is in the freezer. It does soften quickly when left out, so it is best eaten right out of the freezer. You may notice some tahini brands are a little more runny than others so this may alter the texture of your tahini fudge a bit. I’ve had success using Ziyad brand for this fudge.
Looking for more vegan desserts? Check out these:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Easy Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Frosting
This easy vegan chocolate tahini fudge is the perfect healthy treat to keep stored in your freezer for after dinner snacking.
- 1 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Divide tahini between two bowls (1/2 cup in each).
- For the chocolate tahini, add cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil to one of the bowls.
- For the plain tahini, add 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1 tablespoon coconut oil to the other bowl.
- Stir each well with a fork or whisk until combined. Add dash of salt to each bowl and stir again.
- Line a 9″x5″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Spoon 1/2 of the chocolate tahini into pan. Add 1/2 of the plain tahini to pan. Repeat with the rest of the tahini.
- Use a knife or toothpick to create swirls. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 18 pieces. Store in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 100 kcals
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 25 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg