Mix up this mango chia pudding in a mason jar so you can take it on the go! Perfect for busy weekday mornings.
Have you tried chia seeds yet? I know they may seem a little like a weird “hippie” food, but they are actually really good and chock full of good-for-you nutrients like heart healthy Omega 3s. I love mixing up my normal breakfast rotation with chia cereal every once in a while. Since chia seeds need a little time to soak to get their characteristic pudding/gelatin texture, they are perfect for make-ahead breakfasts.
I wanted to liven up the mango flavor a bit more in these so I actually pureed some mango and added that to the milk I normally use to soak the seeds.This method gave the chia seeds a lot more flavor rather than just adding flavor afterwards with the topping. I plan on doing this with a few other fruits over the next couple of weeks – it was so good!
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- Mocha Chia Pudding
- Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Morning Glory Bran Muffins
Mango Chia Pudding
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped mango fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk use any you like: coconut, almond, soy, hemp, oat all work well!
- Optional: 1/2-1 tablespoon maple syrup
- To Serve: yogurt shredded coconut, hemp hearts
- Puree mango and milk together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour into serving container and stir in chia seeds. Let sit 3 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator to set.
- Serve topped with more fresh fruit, shredded coconut, or hemp hearts.