These no bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars are my new favorite snack / after dinner treat! Peanut butter and chocolate is my all-time favorite flavor combination. Seriously, is there anything better? Luckily, there isn’t much stopping you from making these no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars right now. All you need are a few simple pantry items like oats, creamy peanut butter, coconut, salt, and chocolate to make these at home ASAP!
Speaking of peanut butter and oats, you’ll also love my peanut butter banana oatmeal bars and my peanut butter cookie dough bites.
Tips for making these no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper to make these easy to remove from the pan.
- Make sure to really press the peanut butter layer well. I use the bottom of a glass to press the bottom layer into every corner of the pan. The better you press it all down, the better your bars will hold together when they are done.
- If the oil in your peanut butter has separated, be sure to stir it well before making these oat bars.
- You can skip the toasting steps if you want to make this even easier, but I like the flavor better when the oats and coconut are toasted a little.
- Don’t have hemp hearts? Or cacao nibs? Or pepitas? You can totally skip these super foods if you’d like. The bars will be just as tasty without them! I like adding them for the crunch that the cacao nibs provide and the heart healthy fats of the hemp hearts.
This recipe is…
Vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, no-bake.
More Delicious Recipes You’ll Love
- White chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies (vegan)
- Carrot cake oatmeal
- Pear green smoothie
- Peanut butter cookie dough bites
- Chocolate peanut butter skillet cookie
Want even more peanut butter recipes? Check out my roundup of 13+ sweet and savory vegan peanut butter recipes from the blog!
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 4 oz. vegan dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until well mixed. Remove from heat.
- Add oats and pepitas to a dry skillet. Toast over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer oats and peanut butter mixture to a mixing bowl. Add hemp hearts and cacao nibs and stir well. Pour mixture into parchment lined pan. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly press mixture into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- While bottom layer chills, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl fit over a small saucepan with boiling water. (You can also try melting in the microwave.)
- While chocolate melts, toast coconut in the same skillet you used for the oats.
- Pour melted chocolate over bottom peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill for another 30 minutes in the refrigerator or until firm.
- Sprinkle with salt before cutting into pieces for serving.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator or freezer.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
If the nutritional is based on 1/20th of the recipe, and it is in a 8×8 pan, are the serving sizes 3/8×3/8?
Dietitian Debbie says
When cut it into 20 pieces, each piece is about 1 1/2 inches x 2 inches. (I cut it in 5 in one direction and 4 in the other direction so they aren’t square.) You could also cut it into 16 pieces if you prefer them to be square. (2 in x 2 in square pieces). Hope that helps!