These no bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars are my new favorite snack / after dinner treat! Peanut butter and chocolate is my all-time favorite flavor combination. Seriously, is there anything better? Luckily, there isn’t much stopping you from making these no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars right now. All you need are a few simple pantry items like oats, creamy peanut butter, coconut, salt, and chocolate to make these at home ASAP!
Tips for making these no-bake chocolate peanut butter oat bars
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper to make these easy to remove from the pan.
- Make sure to really press the peanut butter layer well. I use the bottom of a glass to press the bottom layer into every corner of the pan. The better you press it all down, the better your bars will hold together when they are done.
- If the oil in your peanut butter has separated, be sure to stir it well before making these oat bars.
- You can skip the toasting steps if you want to make this even easier, but I like the flavor better when the oats and coconut are toasted a little.
- Don’t have hemp hearts? Or cacao nibs? Or pepitas? You can totally skip these super foods if you’d like. The bars will be just as tasty without them! I like adding them for the crunch that the cacao nibs provide and the heart healthy fats of the hemp hearts.
This recipe is…
Vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened, no-bake.
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 3 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 4 oz. vegan dark chocolate bar chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Line an 8"x8" baking dish with parchment paper.
- Add peanut butter and maple syrup to a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until well mixed. Remove from heat.
- Add oats and pepitas to a dry skillet. Toast over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer oats and peanut butter mixture to a mixing bowl. Add hemp hearts and cacao nibs and stir well. Pour mixture into parchment lined pan. Use the bottom of a glass to firmly press mixture into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- While bottom layer chills, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small mixing bowl fit over a small saucepan with boiling water. (You can also try melting in the microwave.)
- While chocolate melts, toast coconut in the same skillet you used for the oats.
- Pour melted chocolate over bottom peanut butter layer. Sprinkle with coconut. Chill for another 30 minutes in the refrigerator or until firm.
- Sprinkle with salt before cutting into pieces for serving.
- Store these bars in the refrigerator or freezer.