I love peanut butter and jelly. In fact, for years I would pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread for my lunch every day! This weekend, I decided to put a spin on the classic sandwich in the form of a classy parfait – a strawberry, yogurt, and peanut butter granola parfait. Both the granola and the strawberries are super simple to make. In fact, the granola has less than 10 ingredients and is so addicting. You’ll have extra granola after making these parfaits, but it keeps well in an airtight container and tastes delicious on yogurt or smoothie bowls.
When I went to write up the post for this recipe, I realized that this is actually the 2nd out of 3 strawberry recipes in a row that I have to share with you… Sorry, not sorry? What can I say, after a long winter, I am always super excited for the first few strawberries of the season! Plus, strawberries are so good for you. One cup of halved strawberries is only ~50 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and over 100% of your daily needs for vitamin C. All the more reason to enjoy strawberries while they are in season!Print
Serve these delightful strawberry, yogurt, and peanut butter granola parfaits at your next weekend brunch – a fun twist on the classic sandwich.
For the Granola:
- 3 cups oats
- 1/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
For the Strawberries:
- 2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Plain yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, quinoa, and coconut together.
- In a small saucepan, add the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup. Heat over low heat and stir until melted together. Pour over the oat mixture in the mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Sprinkle with salt, stir again. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and allow to cool completely before serving.
- To make the strawberries, add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium-high. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until strawberries start to soften and sauce forms. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- To assemble parfaits, layer 1/2 of the strawberry mixture in bottom of dish. Add the yogurt then the granola.
Granola recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.