Serve these delightful strawberry, yogurt, and peanut butter granola parfaits at your next weekend brunch – a fun twist on the classic sandwich.
I love peanut butter and jelly. In fact, for years I would pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread for my lunch every day! This weekend, I decided to put a spin on the classic sandwich in the form of a classy parfait – a strawberry, yogurt, and peanut butter granola parfait. Both the granola and the strawberries are super simple to make. In fact, the granola has just about 10 ingredients and is so addicting. You’ll have extra granola after making these parfaits, but it keeps well in an airtight container and tastes delicious on yogurt or smoothie bowls.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Peanut Butter Granola: this healthy peanut butter granola recipe is simple to make and tastes delicious! The subtle peanut butter flavor pairs so well with the strawberries in these parfaits. Make ahead of time and store in an airtight container.
- Strawberries: You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. Although, fresh strawberries tend to have a little more flavor. You can also prep the strawberry compote ahead of time – just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until time to assemble the parfaits.
- Maple Syrup: Adds just a hint of sweetness to the strawberry mixture.
- Lemon Zest: Love the zip of a little lemon with the strawberries
- Yogurt: You can use non-dairy yogurt and make a vegan version of these parfaits.
When I went to write up the post for this recipe, I realized that this is actually the 2nd out of 3 strawberry recipes in a row that I have to share with you… Sorry, not sorry? What can I say, after a long winter, I am always super excited for the first few strawberries of the season! Plus, strawberries are so good for you. One cup of halved strawberries is only ~50 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and over 100% of your daily needs for vitamin C. All the more reason to enjoy strawberries while they are in season!
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Strawberry Pineapple Margarita
- Overnight Oats with Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
Strawberry Yogurt and Peanut Butter Granola Parfait
For the Strawberries:
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup healthy peanut butter granola per parfait
- 1/3-1/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt use non-dairy yogurt if vegan per parfait
- To make the strawberries, add all the ingredients to a saucepan and heat over medium-high. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until strawberries start to soften and sauce forms. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- To assemble parfaits, layer 1/2 of the strawberry mixture in bottom of dish. Add the yogurt then the granola.