I’ve been making this soup on repeat at home and it’s about time I shared the recipe here! This sunny colored vegan curry summer squash soup is super simple to whip up. You simply chop all your veggies and simmer them with some broth, coconut milk, and curry powder in a dutch oven until it is tender. Transfer everything to the blender to puree until smooth and you are ready to serve! The pretty yellow color of this soup comes from the skin of the yellow summer squash, yellow bell pepper, and the turmeric in the muchi curry spice blend. Not only is the yellow hue pretty, but it also means this soup is packed with antioxidants.
The second time I whipped up a batch of this soup, I made a loaf of Pinch of Yum’s miracle no knead bread to serve with it. I was a little skeptical at first that homemade bread could be that easy, but I am sold on the method now!Print
Summer squash is abundant this time of year, so put it to good use by whipping up this simple vegan curry summer squash soup!
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon muchi curry powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium yellow summer squash (~15 oz. each), chopped
- 2 small yellow skin potatoes (~5 oz total), chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (13.5 oz.) can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper (if desired)
- Chopped cilantro, additional coconut milk (or yogurt if not vegan), paprika
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and muchi curry powder and saute another minute.
- Add the bell pepper, summer squash, and potatoes. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until summer squash and potatoes are fork tender, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer back into the dutch oven and season with salt and black pepper. (Start with at least 1/8th teaspoon of each and increase as desired.) Stir in the lime juice.
- To serve, swirl in coconut milk. Top with chopped cilantro and a dash of paprika.