I’ve been making this soup on repeat at home and it’s about time I shared the recipe here! This sunny colored vegan curry summer squash soup is super simple to whip up. You simply chop all your veggies and simmer them with some broth, coconut milk, and curry powder in a dutch oven until it is tender.
Transfer everything to the blender to puree until smooth and you are ready to serve! The pretty yellow color of this soup comes from the skin of the yellow summer squash, yellow bell pepper, and the turmeric in the muchi curry spice blend. Not only is the yellow hue pretty, but it also means this soup is packed with antioxidants.
The second time I whipped up a batch of this soup, I made a loaf of Pinch of Yum’s miracle no knead bread to serve with it. I was a little skeptical at first that homemade bread could be that easy, but I am sold on the method now!
More Delicious Summer Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Banana Frozen Yogurt
- Vegan Caprese Naan Pizzas
- Peach and Tomato Panzanella Salad
- Grilled Tofu Kebabs with Red Pepper Sauce
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Curry Summer Squash Soup
For the Soup:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon muchi curry powder
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium yellow summer squash ~15 oz. each, chopped
- 2 small yellow skin potatoes ~5 oz total, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper if desired
- Chopped cilantro additional coconut milk (or yogurt if not vegan), paprika
- In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and muchi curry powder and saute another minute.
- Add the bell pepper, summer squash, and potatoes. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the broth and coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until summer squash and potatoes are fork tender, about 7-10 minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Transfer back into the dutch oven and season with salt and black pepper. (Start with at least 1/8th teaspoon of each and increase as desired.) Stir in the lime juice.
- To serve, swirl in coconut milk. Top with chopped cilantro and a dash of paprika.