Fresh heirloom tomatoes paired with vegan pesto and plant-based cheese on naan bread for these delightfully easy vegan caprese naan pizzas.
We’ve finally reached peak summer produce season in Illinois and I could not be more excited. Our local farmers’ market opened again with extra COVID-19 precautions in place and I was more than happy to mask up to get my hands on fresh heirloom tomatoes. Those tomatoes are the star of the show in these vegan caprese naan pizzas.
Ingredients You’ll Need for Vegan Caprese Naan Pizzas
These naan pizzas are super simple to whip up since they rely on some store-bought ingredients like vegan pesto. Sometimes, I just want a really easy meal that I can throw together in a few minutes and these naan pizzas are exactly that.
- 4 naan bread pieces: Some naan may include ghee so double check to make sure whatever brand you pick up in the store if vegan. You can also use flatbread or put it all on a single pizza crust.
- Vegan pesto: We love the vegan pesto from Gotham Greens.
- Heirloom tomatoes: Splurge and get the fancy tomatoes for this pizza – it is so worth it!
- Vegan parmesan: VioLife brand parmesan cheese is where it’s at!
- Vegan mozzarella: There are a bunch of tasty vegan mozzarellas in the store. For these, I like using the smoked mozzarella from Miyokos.
- Italian seasoning
Tips for making these Vegan Tomato and Pesto Naan Pizzas
There’s not much to it! Assemble your pizzas and bake them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees until golden brown. I have also had success baking them one at a time in a toaster oven. We haven’t tried it out on the grill yet, but that’s next!
Pre-bake your naan for 3-4 minutes before adding the toppings and baking until the cheese is melted for an extra crispy crust.
More Easy Vegan Recipes to Try
- Easy Vegan Black Bean Tostadas
- Healthy One Pot Cauliflower Curry
- Vegan Tempeh Lettuce Cups
- Southwest Sheet Pan Dinner
Vegan Caprese Naan Pizzas
- 4 naan breads
- 1 cup shredded vegan parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4-5 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 wedge vegan smoked mozarella sliced
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange naan breads on large baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the parmesan, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Toss to mix and then evenly divide between the 4 naan breads.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon pesto and even divide the heirloom tomato slices between each pizza. Top with the mozzarella slices and a sprinkle of black pepper.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and naan is golden brown.