When you can’t make a trip to the mall, make these honey roasted cinnamon almonds at home! The balance of salty & sweet makes them an addicting healthy snack. Easily make them vegan by using maple syrup.
You know those cinnamon roasted nuts that they sell at the mall and fairs that always draw you in with their aroma? Then you totally regret eating the whole bag because they are so incredibly sweet? (Or maybe that’s just me…) Today, I am going to tell you how to make a healthier version of those nuts at home!
Health Benefits of Almonds
I love having almonds on hand as an easy, healthy snack for work. Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E which plays an important role as an antioxidant by preventing the formation of reactive oxygen species during fat oxidation. Plus, vitamin E supports immune function. Almonds are also a good source of phosphorus which is important for strong bones and teeth.
Let’s get to these almonds shall we! Just take a look at those! I loved the addition of the shredded coconut to these. It not only makes them look pretty, but adds a hint of coconut flavor which blends well with the cinnamon.
More Snack Recipes You’ll Love
- Salted Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Road Trip Trail Mix (2 Ways)
- Carrot Yogurt Dip
- Grilled Baba Ganoush
- Apricot Energy Bites
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Honey Roasted Cinnamon Almonds
- 1 1/2 cups raw almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut shredded coconut
- Heat almonds in a non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, pour honey, cinnamon, and almond into a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- While almonds are still in the warm pan, pour honey mixture over the almonds and stir until well coated. Sprinkle with brown sugar, salt, and coconut. Toss to coat evenly.
- Pour almonds onto parchment paper to cool. Break apart once completely cooled and enjoy!