I can’t believe Will and I get married next week! On Friday, we leave for a two week cross country road trip that starts here in Chicago and takes us east to Pennsylvania, south to Memphis, Austin, Albuquerque, LA, and then north again to Seattle. I am so excited to celebrate our marriage with good friends and family along the way!
As I mentioned last week, I’ve been trying to squirrel away travel friendly snacks for the road because it is so hard to find healthy snacks in roadside gas stations. These two trail mixes are great for road trips, hiking adventures, or even the office. Both of them are great for keeping your energy levels up while on the road since they provide the perfect balance of carbohydrates, protein, healthy fat, and fiber to keep you feeling satisfied until your next meal.Print
These healthy road trip trail mixes are a great way to keep you energy levels up when on the road, hiking the trails, or fending off the afternoon slump at work.
- Cashew, Apricot, Coconut Trail Mix
- 1 cup roasted, lightly salted cashews
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Chocolate, Banana, Peanut Trail Mix
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened banana chips
- 1 cup lightly salted blister peanuts
- Combine the ingredients for trail mix in a large bowl. Divide into containers by individual serving or pour into a large, airtight container to store.