My favorite Italian pizza flavors in stir fry form! This easy vegan tempeh kale stir fry is loaded with garlic, olives, and artichokes.
Two staples that you can almost always find in my fridge are tempeh and kale. They pair so well together! Plus, they make a quick and easy meal on nights when neither one of us feels like cooking. Different variations of tempeh and kale stir fry have become a staple. this Italian tempeh kale stir fry is one that we often repeat.
Tempeh Kale Stir Fry Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Kale: use either lacinato or curly kale varieties for this recipe.
- Bell Pepper: I like to use a red one for color, but a green or yellow bell pepper will also work.
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic: I use fresh garlic, but you can use 1 teaspoon garlic powder instead.
- Olives: kalamata olives are my favorite for this recipe.
- Artichoke Hearts
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy BBQ Tempeh
- Teriyaki Tempeh and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Tempeh Wrap with Peanut Sauce
- Spicy Tempeh Stuffed Peppers
Italian Tempeh Kale Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chopped washed kale leaves
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 8 ounces tempeh crumbled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons easy vegan parmesan
- Heat 4 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet. Toss in the crumbled tempeh and cook 3-4 minutes or until it starts to lightly brown.
- Add the kale, bell pepper, and the last 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss to coat with oil and cook 7-10 minutes until it begins to wilt and soften.
- Add the vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, artichokes, and olives. Stir well and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over quinoa, mashed potatoes, etc. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.