There’s almost nothing better than having a lazy weekend morning and making a batch of pancakes. In fact, my ideal summer weekend morning would involve making these pancakes and then savoring them while nursing a cup of hot coffee. Then, heading off to the farmers market. Unfortunately, there are only a couple of weekends left to do just that!
These pancakes are extra special since they are a good source of heart healthy soluble fiber as well as vegan-friendly. That same heart healthy fiber also makes these pancakes so much more filling. Since the pancakes themselves are pretty basic, make sure to jazz these up a bit with some fresh seasonal produce.
I’m obsessing over the last of summer’s peaches at the moment so I buried my pancakes in them. (After taking pretty pictures of course!)
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegetarian Huevos Rancheros
- Blood Orange Buttermilk Pancakes
- Vegan Mexican Breakfast Scramble
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Savory Yogurt Bowl (2 Ways)
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Stir in the sugar, oats, and ground flax seed.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, melted coconut oil, and salt. Add the pecans and stir to combine.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil and add ~1/3 cup of batter to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until you lightly browned. Flip and cook on the second side until lightly browned. Repeat until you have cooked all of the batter. Recipe makes ~6 four or five inch pancakes.