Lime, cilantro, and mango complement each other perfectly in this zippy mango cilantro green smoothie which is sure to start your morning off right!
During the work week, smoothies are my go-to breakfast – even in winter! I have a 35-40 minute commute to work each morning, so it is the perfect amount of time for me to sip on my smoothie while I listen to a podcast on the highway.
Since sipping the same smoothie day after day can get boring, I am always experimenting with new ingredients. I whipped up this mango cilantro green smoothie last week and have been making it on repeat since. Although you may be tempted to skip the cilantro, I promise that just a little bit complements the mango and lime in this perfectly. I am always looking for ways to use up some of the extra cilantro leftover from recipes and this smoothie is perfect for that!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Banana: use a frozen banana to make it extra thick and creamy.
- Cucumber: if you don’t have a high speed blender, try peeling the cucumber so that it purees more smoothly.
- Spinach: fresh or frozen spinach can be used.
- Mango: fresh or frozen mango can be used. I like frozen because it makes a thicker smoothie.
- Yogurt: use plain yogurt – dairy or non-dairy yogurts both work great.
- Milk: dairy or non-dairy milks (almond, soy, rice, oat) all work for this smoothie. I like plain soy milk best.
- Cilantro: use up some of that cilantro in your fridge before it goes bad! Love the hint of flavor it adds to this smoothie. Pairs so well with the lime.
- Lime: pairs perfectly with the cilantro in this smoothie! It almost reminds me of a good margarita when paired with the mango in this as well.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Lemon Raspberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
- Tropical Ginger Green Smoothie
- Red and Green Layered Smoothie
Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie
- 1/2 banana fresh or frozen
- 3 " piece of cucumber peel if desired
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt use non-dairy if vegan
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves 1 big pinch!
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Makes 1 entree sized smoothie or 2 snack sized ones.