Lime, cilantro, and mango complement each other perfectly in this zippy mango cilantro green smoothie which is sure to start your morning off right!
During the work week, smoothies are my go-to breakfast – even in winter! I have a 35-40 minute commute to work each morning, so it is the perfect amount of time for me to sip on my smoothie while I listen to a podcast on the highway.
Since sipping the same smoothie day after day can get boring, I am always experimenting with new ingredients. I whipped up this mango cilantro green smoothie last week and have been making it on repeat since.
Although you may be tempted to skip the cilantro, I promise that just a little bit complements the mango and lime in this perfectly. I am always looking for ways to use up some of the extra cilantro leftover from recipes and this smoothie is perfect for that!
Adding veggies like spinach and cucumber to your smoothies is a great way to easily get them into your diet. Like spinach, cucumber has such a mild flavor it makes a great addition to smoothies. I love it in this pineapple cucumber smoothie too.
I also love the mango in this antioxidant-rich mango turmeric smoothie – try this one next!
Looking for more vegan smoothie recipes created by a plant-based dietitian? Check out my roundup of 15+ delicious vegan smoothies!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Banana: use a frozen banana to make it extra thick and creamy.
- Cucumber: if you don’t have a high speed blender, try peeling the cucumber so that it purees more smoothly.
- Spinach: fresh or frozen spinach can be used.
- Mango: fresh or frozen mango can be used. I like frozen because it makes a thicker smoothie.
- Yogurt: use plain yogurt – dairy or non-dairy yogurts both work great.
- Milk: dairy or non-dairy milks (almond, soy, rice, oat) all work for this smoothie. I like plain soy milk best.
- Cilantro: use up some of that cilantro in your fridge before it goes bad! Love the hint of flavor it adds to this smoothie. Pairs so well with the lime.
- Lime: pairs perfectly with the cilantro in this smoothie! It almost reminds me of a good margarita when paired with the mango in this as well.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Lemon Raspberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Mocha Smoothie
- Tropical Ginger Green Smoothie
- Red and Green Layered Smoothie
- Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie
- 1 blender
- 1/2 banana fresh or frozen
- 3 ” piece of cucumber peel if desired
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt use non-dairy if vegan
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves 1 big pinch!
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Add all of your ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Makes 1 entree sized smoothie or 2 snack sized ones.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Delicious! Used coconut yogurt to make it vegan – very nice recipe, thank you 🙂
Barbara Griffin says
Debbie, thank you. We love this smoothie. Left out the yogurt to make it vegan but will definitely add it in. I’m even thinking about trying this one again.
Dietitian Debbie says
So glad you liked it! It’s definitely one of my favorites. 🙂