This pretty pink lemon raspberry smoothie is sure to wake up your taste buds! Fresh lemon juice and zest add a punch of flavor that pairs well with the raspberry. Frozen cauliflower rice sneaks in some extra fiber and makes this smoothie so creamy.
As a busy mom who works full-time, I am all about easy breakfast options. My two go-to healthy breakfasts of late are baked oatmeal and smoothies. To keep it interesting, I am always testing out new smoothie flavor combinations and recently happened on this lemon raspberry combo that was so good I had to share! I like to pair my morning smoothie with a cup of coffee and one of these muffins smeared with a bit of peanut butter.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen Raspberries: the feature of this smoothie! I like using frozen raspberries to make a thicker smoothie.
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice: a great way to add a serving of vegetables with breakfast and you won’t taste it in this smoothie! Also, unlike greens like spinach – it won’t ruin the pretty color of this smoothie. You could also use regular frozen cauliflower, but the cauliflower rice may be easier to blend if you don’t have a high powered blender.
- Banana: adds a bit of sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie. You can use frozen banana to make a thicker smoothie.
- Soy Milk: you can use any milk that you prefer. I like soy best because it has more protein than other plant-based milks.
- Lemon: adds a punch of flavor that pairs perfectly with the raspberries!
Optional Additions to this Smoothie
Here are some other things you can add to this smoothie:
- Protein powder to bump up the protein
- Hemp hearts or chia seeds – add some protein as well as heart healthy fats
- Almond butter to make it more filling
- Vegan yogurt (plain or vanilla) for extra creaminess
More Blender Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie
- Healthy Red and Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie
- Beet Juice Recipe (Blender)
Make sure to leave a STAR REVIEW if you loved this recipe! Also, tag me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie so I can see what recipes you’ve been loving. For even more recipe inspiration, follow me on Pinterest.
Lemon Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately in a tall glass.