This pretty pink lemon raspberry smoothie is sure to wake up your taste buds! Fresh lemon juice and zest add a punch of flavor that pairs well with the raspberry. Frozen cauliflower rice sneaks in some extra fiber and makes this smoothie so creamy.
As a busy mom who works full-time, I am all about easy breakfast options. My two go-to healthy breakfasts of late are baked banana bread oatmeal and smoothies. To keep it interesting, I am always testing out new smoothie flavor combinations and recently happened on this lemon raspberry combo that was so good I had to share!
I like to pair my morning smoothie with a cup of coffee and one of these double chocolate banana muffins smeared with a bit of peanut butter.
For even more delicious vegan smoothie options, check out my vegan smoothie recipe roundup! You might also love my blender beet juice and my blender carrot ginger juice.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Frozen Raspberries: the feature of this smoothie! I like using frozen raspberries to make a thicker smoothie.
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice: a great way to add a serving of vegetables with breakfast and you won’t taste it in this smoothie! Also, unlike greens like spinach – it won’t ruin the pretty color of this smoothie. You could also use regular frozen cauliflower, but the cauliflower rice may be easier to blend if you don’t have a high powered blender.
- Banana: adds a bit of sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie. You can use frozen banana to make a thicker smoothie.
- Soy Milk: you can use any milk that you prefer. I like soy best because it has more protein than other plant-based milks.
- Lemon: adds a punch of flavor that pairs perfectly with the raspberries!
- Protein Powder: add even more protein to this smoothie by adding a scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
- Seeds: Hemp seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds are an easy way to add more plant-based protein as well as heart healthy fats to a smoothie like this one. Just add 2 tablespoons to the blender before pureeing.
- Nut butter: add 1 or 2 tablespoons of nut butter like cashew or almond to this smoothie for some extra protein and heart healthy fat.
More Smoothie Recipes You’ll Love
- Blueberry Cashew Smoothie
- Healthy Red and Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
- Mango Cilantro Green Smoothie
- Beet Juice Recipe (Blender)
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Lemon Raspberry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Serve immediately in a tall glass.
- Adjust sweetness to taste: The combination of banana and raspberry adds lots of natural sweetness to this smoothie. If you feel like you need more sweetness, add up to 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave.
- Adjust thickness: I like a really thick and frosty smoothie so I use both frozen raspberry and cauliflower rice. Use fresh fruit if you want a thinner smoothie. Smoothie too thick? Add more milk to thin it out as you puree it.
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Leave A Reply!