It’s taco Tuesday!!! What better day than today to share these vegan marinated mushroom tacos?! This is another great recipe I am bringing back from the archives with much improved photos and recipe tweaks to make it even tastier. When I made these over the weekend, they were just as good as I remembered! One downside of being a food blogger is that you are always testing new recipes, so you don’t have much of a chance to make your old favorites again. #firstworldproblem
Since you can make the mushrooms while the sweet potatoes roast in the oven, the total cooking time for these is only about 45 minutes. Fast enough to make for a tasty weeknight meal. To round out the meal and make sure you add a bit of protein, serve these tacos with a side of beans. My favorite vegan friendly toppings for these tacos include: a big spoonful of fresh guacamole, cilantro, and a bit of salsa.Print
Celebrate taco Tuesday with these tasty vegan marinated mushroom tacos with roasted sweet potatoes and lots of guacamole.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Divided)
- 8 ounces sliced, portobello mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 4 corn tortillas
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop peeled sweet potatoes into ¼ inch sized cubes. Toss potatoes in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread evenly across a baking sheet.
- Bake potatoes for 30-45 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
- While the potatoes are baking, mix seasonings (garlic through cayenne) , balsamic vinegar, and vegan Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Place sliced mushrooms in an 8″x8″ baking dish and pour marinade over them. Toss to coat the mushrooms evenly in marinade. Cover dish and place in the fridge for 15 minutes, tossing once.
- Add the other 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium high, add mushrooms and saute until mushrooms release their moisture and it is cooked off, about 8-10 minutes.
- Divide mushrooms and sweet potatoes evenly between 4 tacos.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa and fresh cilantro.