Back in the days before I went vegetarian, I never really looked forward to the turkey on Thanksgiving. I was (and still am!) all about those sides! Since there is a ton of cooking to do on Thanksgiving day, it is nice to have a few simple side dishes like these rosemary roasted carrots that look fancy but actually required little effort to make. I just love the way that rainbow carrots look when served up together after roasting, but if you can’t find them, regular orange carrots work just fine. You can usually find the rainbow carrots at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s.
To make these carrots, you just peel them and toss them with olive oil, rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and pepper then toss them in the oven until they get start to brown and are tender when poked with a fork. To serve, you’ll add goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and microgreens or parsley so that they look gorgeous amongst all the other Thanksgiving dishes on the table.Print
These rosemary roasted carrots are a simple but gorgeous side dish that is perfect for Thanksgiving!
- 2 lbs rainbow carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- Dash of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- Micro greens or chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat all sides of the carrots.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until carrots are starting to get browned and are tender when poked with a fork. Allow to cool ~5 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with toppings just before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/6 recipe
- Calories: 126 kcals
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 248 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 6 mg