Spring is finally here which means salads are back baby! You’re going to love this delicious 4 ingredient strawberry balsamic dressing. It’s perfect for drizzling over a fresh salad with spring greens, berries, and almonds.
Even though the warm weather hasn’t yet arrived with the first day of spring, I’m still celebrating the new season anyway with some fresh recipes. (Strawberry season is just around the corner. Yay!) This strawberry balsamic dressing will give any plain old salad tons of delicious flavor and zing.
Homemade dressings are so easy to make and often pack more flavor than the ones from the grocery store. I hope you give this one a try! If you are looking to make more homemade dressings, you’ll also love my simple lemon dijon dressing or my yummy tahini caesar dressing.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Homemade dressing tastes so much fresher than store-bought and are so simple to make. Just 5 minutes and made with simple ingredients!
- Salad doesn’t have to be boring when you make a yummy dressing like this strawberry balsamic one. The sweet strawberries and tangy balsamic are the perfect combination for a good vinaigrette.
- This simple dressing recipe is vegan, gluten free, egg free, and dairy free.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Strawberries: I have found that this dressing has the best flavor when using fresh strawberries. However, you can use frozen recipes if that is all that you have. Some recipes call for strawberry jam, but I thought this dressing was better with fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Olive Oil: use a good quality extra virgin olive oil if you have it, but any olive oil will do. You can also switch it up and use a different high quality oil like: avocado oil, walnut oil, or flaxseed oil.
- Balsamic Vinegar: use any balsamic vinegar that you have on hand. The higher quality the better for a simple dressing like this one. Avoid using balsamic glaze though since it is too sweet for this recipe. You can use white balsamic vinegar if you have it – the color of this dressing will be even brighter.
- Maple Syrup: Adds a little extra sweetness to balance out some of the tartness from the balsamic vinegar.
Step by Step
STEP ONE: Add the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a blender cup or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
STEP TWO: Add the olive oil and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Quality ingredients make a difference: Since there are only 4 ingredients in this dressing – every ingredient counts! If you can, try to use sweet & ripe strawberries and a good quality extra virgin olive oil and an aged balsamic vinegar.
- Sweeten to taste: Depending on your preference for sweetness as well as the sweetness of the strawberries, adjust the maple syrup added. I usually start with 1/2 tablespoon first and then taste the dressing before I add the full tablespoon.
- Add more tang: Like a tangier salad dressing? Feel free to add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard as well.
- Refrigerator: Store your homemade strawberry dressing in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. I like to keep mine in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid. This salad dressing will keep well for up to 2 weeks. If it separates while in the fridge, just give it a good shake before using to mix all the ingredients again.
My favorite way to serve this strawberry balsamic vinaigrette is with a good salad like the one above with spring mix, vegan feta cheese (or goat cheese), almonds, and fresh fruit. It’s the perfect summer salad dressing! Here are a few other delicious ways to use it:
- Swap out the dressing in this roasted beat and quinoa salad for this strawberry vinaigrette.
- Use this strawberry dressing instead of the blueberry vinaigrette for this summer blueberry kale salad.
- Replace the lemon poppyseed dressing in this simple spinach salad with strawberries with the dressing recipe in this post.
- Add this tasty dressing to a wrap with chickpeas or tofu, fresh greens, and a few berries.
- Use this dressing on roasted vegetables like these roasted cauliflower steaks.
Yes! Balsamic vinaigrette is a great choice for adding to salads and other recipes. When made with an oil high in monounsaturated fats like olive oil, it can offer many heart healthy benefits. Also, using a vinaigrette with oil on salads can help you better absorb the fat soluble antioxidants in the vegetables.
Balsamic vinegar is a rich, dark vinegar with a slightly sweet flavor. While a balsamic vinaigrette is made from balsamic vinegar, oil, spices, salt, and pepper and is most often used as a salad dressing.
Although olive oil is my go-to oil for salad dressings, you can also use a variety of other kitchen oils like: avocado oil, walnut oil, flaxseed oil, sunflower oil, or peanut oil.
More Delicious Recipes for Spring
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Dressing
- Strawberry Mint Margarita
- Vegan Lemon Loaf
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote
- Vegan Quiche with JUST Egg
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Strawberry Balsamic Dressing
- Add the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper to a blender cup or small food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the olive oil and pulse a few times until mixed.
- Pour into desired storage jar/container and place in the fridge or use on your favorite salad right away!