Mmm… kale. It’s just one of those foods that makes you feel healthier as you eat it – or maybe that’s just me? Kale is packed with fiber and Vitamin A, K, and C so it’s no wonder it has become athe child star of the health food scene. After all of the heavy eats and missed workouts over the holidays, it’s nice to lighten up you meals as the new year begins. This salad is great for starting over and doing a bit of “detox” of sorts. I created it the other day when I was getting a little tired of my usual spring mix and bean salad which I pack for work. It was so good, I know I’ll be making it again and again. The combination of the kale and the grapefruit packs a hefty punch of vitamin C; always a good thing in these winter months when colds are common!Print
A delicious salad perfect for a new year healthy eating reset.
- 2 cups chopped kale (stems removed)
- 1/2 grapefruit, chopped
- 1/8 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped salted almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Toss kale, grapefruit, cheese, and almonds in a large bowl.
- Pour coconut oil, honey, and juice into a jar and shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to evenly coat kale leaves.
- Serve chilled.
- Serving Size: 1