When the weather is cloudy, dreary, and cold in the dead of winter, I start reaching for more color in the kitchen. Bright smoothies have been getting me out of bed and on the road to work of late. Even those who are pressed for time can whip up a quick, nutrient dense smoothie in the morning. This is a roundup of 10 healthy vegan smoothies that can give you a good dose of antioxidants, healthy fat, and protein in the morning to keep you fueled until lunchtime.
- Strawberry Pineapple Green Smoothie from Dietitian Debbie Dishes – Use frozen fruit to make this tropical escape of a smoothie any time of the year.
- Mean Green Detox Smoothie from Half Baked Harvest – This smoothie will get you back on track with kale, spiralina, orange, and greens.
- Vegan Tart Citrus Lassi from With Food + Love – Yogurt, citrus, and almond milk come together in this tart citrus lassi. Mmm…
- Green Apple Pie Smoothie from Oh My Veggies – Apple pie in a glass for breakfast with a healthy dose of protein and other vitamins. Sounds like a winner to me!
- Triple Berry Banana Oat Smoothie from Hipster Food – This is a classic berry smoothie with the addition of extra soluble fiber from oats to keep you feeling full until lunchtime.
- Lemon Zinger Spinach Smoothie from Chard in Charge – This low sugar smoothie is chock full of veggies and a welcome addition to your healthy smoothie habit.
- Rise and Shine Smoothie from Blogging Over Thyme – According to Laura, this tastes like banana bread – I’ll take two!
- Coconut Clementine Smoothie from Minimalist Baker – This coconut clementine smoothie is like a guilt-free creamsicle in a glass.
- Matcha Green Tea and Pineapple Smoothie from Feasting at Home – Get an antioxidant kick in the pants from the matcha green tea in this tasty smoothie.
- Toasted Coconut Smoothie from Kitchen Treaty – A simple, 5 ingredient smoothie with a ton of coconut-y flavor that will make any morning better.
Speaking of smoothies, I had the opportunity to try a couple samples from a new cold pressed juice and blends company called PINT. I am seriously in love with their almond milk – it’s surprisingly thicker and more flavorful than the stuff I had been buying at the grocery store. Added to my coffee in the morning – mmm…. In addition, I was really impressed with their blends too. They had just the right balance between sweet and savory in the blend they sent me that included apple, kale, spinach, swiss chard, fennel, celery, and chia seed. Yum! The other great thing about PINT is that they’ll deliver their products right to your doorstep so you won’t even have to venture out in the cold to get your morning greens fix! If you are a Chicago local, you should definitely check them out!
PINT provided me with free samples of product for this post. I did not receive additional compensation. All opinions shared are my own.