It’s Friday! Let’s make some margaritas. We were shopping at Whole Foods this weekend and the strawberries just smelled amazing as we wandered by – I couldn’t help but buy some! I get so excited when seasonal fruits like strawberries start re-appearing in the grocery store and farmers market. In addition to tossing them in smoothies or yogurt, I blended a few strawberries in these tasty little margaritas.
These take a matter of minutes to whip up and since they aren’t made with a syrupy margarita mix, they are light and refreshing. Plus, you get a healthy dose of vitamin C from the fresh strawberries! I found that the strawberries alone made this drink sweet enough for me, but if would prefer, you can add ~2 teaspoons of simple syrup, sugar, or honey before blending.Print
Get your weekend started off right with a batch of these delightfully refreshing strawberry mint margaritas!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces Grand Marnier
- 3–4 fresh mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1–2 teaspoons of simple syrup, sugar, or honey (optional)
- 2–3 cups ice
- Margarita salt
- Add the strawberries, tequila, Grand Marnier, mint, and lime to the blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the ice to the strawberry mixture and pulse to puree until smooth.
- Spread margarita salt onto a small plate. Rub the squeezed lime around the rim of each serving glass. Roll the rim of each glass in the salt.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 10 ounces
- Calories: ~215 kcals
- Sugar: 11 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg