Nothing is more iconic of summer than 4th of July fireworks and popsicles. Are you headed to any 4th of July picnics this weekend? Are you looking for an easy recipe for something to bring with you? Well, look no farther! Everyone loves popsicles – especially homemade ones that include a few of my favorite things – ie. peanut butter and chocolate! In addition to being ridiculously easy to make, these peanut butter banana popsicles are super delicious, vegan, and require <10 ingredients.
I’ll be snacking on the batch of these popsicles that I made all weekend. However, if you are looking for even more popsicle inspiration, check out my Pinterest board for dozens more!
Follow Dietitian Debbie Dishes’s board Popsicles! on Pinterest.
Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Add the almond milk, bananas, and peanut butter to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour mixture into popsicle mold and freeze.
- When ready to make the popsicles, spread a single piece of parchment paper over top of 2 baking sheets.
- Once popsicles are frozen solid, melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir the coconut oil into the chocolate chips.
- Working quickly, remove one popsicle and spoon or drizzle with melted chocolate over the top 2 inches of the popsicle. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and set on parchment paper.
- Use the same technique on all of the popsicles and then place back in the freezer until the chocolate hardens. Serve!
Make this recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @dietitiandebbie and tag me #dietitiandebbie
Comments & Reviews
Oh my god, these look divine. Definitely on my to-make list! 🙂
Michelle @ A Dish of Daily Life says
These look fabulous! The kids are going to love them! Pinning and sharing…so glad you shared them with us at #FoodieFriDIY!
Hillary Reeves says
These photos are divine. And I’m sure they tasted as great as they look!!
Kalee @ The Crowded Table says
You’re right, popsicles and the 4th of July go hand in hand. And these look SO good!!!
Lisa @ Strum Simmer Sip says
These look incredible! I love making “nice cream” using bananas but they always turn out really banana-y. I bet the peanut butter really adds a lot of flavor and it’s probably filling too! I can’t wait to try 🙂
strum simmer sip
oh my goodness … these sound AMAZING!
Pinned to make soon!
Emily @ Sinful Nutrition says
Bringing these to a party would mean I’d have to share right?! 😉 Can’t go wrong with the pb & banana combo!
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
These are dangerous 😉 Swooning over these!!!!
Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run says
beautiful and YUMMY!