The cold weather is settling in and I am all about that comfort food! This vegan taco pasta is perfect for a chilly evening when you need a simple dinner that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Pair it with a side salad or cooked vegetable and you have a complete meal that is high in protein and soooo delicious! Those adorable pasta wheels are from a pasta brand named Banza that recently sent me some of their pasta so I could join in on their Banza Plus 5 campaign. I was excited to try out their pasta since it is made from chickpeas! After using it in a couple recipes, I was impressed by the taste and texture. Plus, since it is made from chickpeas it has twice the protein as traditional pasta as well as up to 13 grams of fiber per 3.5 oz serving.
All you need to recreate this vegan taco pasta at home is 6 ingredients: pasta, oil, ground seitan, salsa, vegan cheese, and taco seasoning. To serve, I added a little bit of green with a couple fresh cilantro leaves and sliced jalapeño.
- 1 (8 oz.) package Banza pasta wheels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 oz.) package ground seitan
- 1½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa
- 7 oz. package vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- Add water to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add oil and ground seitan. Saute for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown. Stir in taco seasoning and cook another minute.
- Stir in salsa and cook 1 minute. Add in cooked pasta and stir well.
- Add cheese and cook another 2-3 minutes until shredded cheese is melted.
- To serve, drizzle with additional salsa and sprinkle with cilantro and jalapeño slices.