These muffins may not have a sweet streusel topping or pink glaze, but they are just as delicious and even more wholesome than those other muffins. These vegan zucchini muffins are meant to be low in sugar and loaded in good for you nutrients like Omega 3s from the ground flax seeds and walnuts.
These vegan zucchini muffins are great to have on hand for an easy healthy snack to grab on your way out the door. (I’m thinking they’d be great for back to school!) I keep a stash in my freezer and toast one as I change before heading out to a workout class after work. They are also great for grabbing on busy mornings. I’ll just pair it with a banana and a cup of yogurt and I’m good to go!
I am on a big dried apricot kick at the moment, so I decided to use them in these tasty muffins. However, feel free to substitute them with another dried fruit or berry you may have on hand at home. I’m thinking blueberries would be delicious in these vegan zucchini muffins!Print
These vegan zucchini muffins are perfect for breakfast, pre-workout snacking, or whenever you need to satiate your hunger!
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift together the flours and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the flax and warm water in a small bowl and stir well with a fork. Set aside.
- Combine the soy milk and vinegar together in another small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Melt the coconut oil by heating in the microwave for a few seconds and pour into the bowl with the flours.
- Add the vanilla, brown sugar, milk mixture, and flax “egg”. Stir everything together until batter forms. Stir in the walnuts, zucchini, and apricots.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking oil. Spoon the muffin mix equally into all 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center of muffin comes out clean.