Treat yourself this weekend to these vegan chocolate peanut butter waffles with an extra cup of coffee. It’s the perfect way to spend a Saturday morning!
If I could eat just one thing for breakfast every day, it would be these vegan chocolate peanut butter waffles! (Except that would likely lead to significant weight gain…!) I got the idea for these waffles from one of our friends who is a waffle making pro.
He was over at our house this weekend and told us about how he has been grating dark chocolate into his waffle batter. Brilliant! I made a batch of waffles the very next day with grated dark chocolate and I’m here to share the delicious idea with you!
The waffles don’t have an overwhelming chocolate flavor, more “like cocoa puffs” as Will described it. I really liked the subtle flavor, and was happy that it didn’t immediately make them feel like dessert like milk chocolate chips.
To make these waffles even more special, I heated up some peanut butter and coconut oil and drizzled it on top to serve along with some chopped dark chocolate pieces. That melty peanut butter and dark chocolate was a match made in heaven. Trust me, you’ll want to make these this weekend!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
- Vegan Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal
- Chocolate Granola
- Chocolate Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread
- Cheddar Zucchini Waffles
Did you love this recipe? Make sure to leave a ⭐️ rating and tag #dietitiandebbie on instagram!
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Waffles
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt to a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Pour in the milk, oil, vanilla, and espresso powder. Stir just until mixed.
- Grate 1 ounce of the dark chocolate into the mixing bowl and stir.
- Heat your waffle iron and spray with cooking oil. Add waffle batter 1/2 cup at a time. Batter makes about 5 waffles.
- To make the peanut butter topping, heat the peanut butter and coconut oil together in a small saucepan until peanut butter is pourable.
- Chop the remaining 1 ounce of dark chocolate.
- To serve, drizzle peanut butter onto waffles and top with chopped dark chocolate and maple syrup.